A lone worker alarm helps at-risk workers feel protected no matter what. Our Lone Alarms have GPS locators, wireless charging, and an impressive battery life. What’s more, every alarm comes with 24/7 support from our expert Monitoring Team. If a lone worker ever finds themselves in a dangerous situation and needs assistance, they can activate their alarm. This will send an instant alert to our 24-hour Monitoring Centre.
What is a Lone Worker?
A lone worker is anyone who performs a job with little or no supervision. This could apply to a contractor, an employee, or someone who is self-employed. Often, lone working means that help is not readily available if an emergency arises. Lone alarms can make all the difference to a lone worker’s safety and peace of mind.
Lone Alarms – GPS Technology
Our lone worker alarms have several key features which help to keep users safe. Each Lone Alarm contains a cutting-edge GPS locator. This allows our team to send help to the user’s exact location in an emergency. If you are purchasing lone worker alarms for your staff, this feature also allows you to locate them at any time. The GPS feature can be activated or deactivated on each individual alarm.
How Does It Work?
If a lone worker needs help for any reason, they should press and hold both buttons on their Lone Alarm. This will send an instant alert call through to our 24-hour Monitoring Centre.
A member of the Response Team will answer the call. The Lone Alarm contains a built-in speaker and microphone. This will let the worker communicate with the Response Team and tell them what has happened. The Response Team will assess the situation to determine the best course of action.
Every lone worker alarm will be monitored by our team 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This service is included with your alarm purchase at no extra cost. Our Monitoring Centre have been accredited by the TEC Services Association (TSA), the industry and standards body for telecare in the UK. Every member of our Response Team has had extensive training to handle a wide range of emergency situations and provide the best possible service.
Supporting Health & Safety
Employers and employees alike have duties to uphold when it comes to workplace health and safety. Whilst a Lone Alarm cannot prevent accidents from happening, they are ideal for providing that extra element of security for your lone workers. Every job poses its own share of dangers, and lone workers are often more vulnerable than others.
Lone Alarms: Key Features
- 24/7 Monitoring – Our UK-based Monitoring Centre is open 24/7, 365 days a year to protect all our alarm users.
- GPS Location – We use cutting-edge GPS technology to send help to the user’s precise location.
- Water & Dust Resistant – IP67 rated dust and water protection.
- Wireless Charging – Every alarm comes with a wireless hub for easy charging.
- Variety of Wearing Options – Lanyard and keychain wearing attachments included with each Lone Worker Alarm.
- Handsfree Speakerphone – Two-way communication between the user and the Response Team.
- Alerts – LED light alert system to confirm the alarm has been raised.
- Lightweight – Weighing just 33 grams, the Lone Alarm is lightweight and easy to use.
A lone worker alarm can help the worker feel at ease. If anything happens while they are working alone, help is a button-press away.
Editor’s Note: This article was updated on 30th August 2023 to reflect current information.